Yesterday I only went outside to get my shot. (I get a shot once every two weeks. This is a shot of a medicine I take.) Last night I had a dream that I was going through my poems trying to discover some short stories I had written. In reality I haven't written complete short stories in something like twelve or thirteen years. I have never had one of them published. I'm a poet, not a fiction writer. Writing fiction is a whole different ball of wax. In the dream I discovered two tremendous short stories that I planned to have published. I was very excited. Does this mean I should start writing fiction? I do enjoy reading it. I received a book of short stories about three weeks ago. I enjoyed reading the first story in that book. In fact, I sometimes enjoy reading short stories more than I enjoy reading poetry. But as I say, to write fiction I would have to learn a whole new genre.
I received two bills in the mail yesterday. I might pay them tomorrow. For some reason my grass hasn't been growing much lately.
I revised some poems for a submission yesterday. That process takes forever. It is so hard to hold off on submitting the poems so I can properly revise them. I have to wait and revise, wait and revise, wait and revise.
Other that that I read and get online. I don't read enough. Today I will read more.
No comments:
Post a Comment