There are only four venomous species of snakes in the United States: the copperhead, the rattlesnake, the water moccasin, and the corral snake. The corral snake doesn't live in my part of the country. The climate is too cold for it. It only lives in the far south. And I have never seen a rattlesnake in person. The copperhead is common, and I think the water moccasin is common. I used to see common water snakes behind my house on Sandra Lane here in Athens. They were not water moccasins though. They were a nonvenomous variety.
There are only two venomous species of spiders in North America: the black widow and the brown recluse.
We also have possums, raccoons, whitetail deer, coyotes, and other creatures. I used to hunt mourning doves with my friend at my grandparents' pasture. The meat is tasty, especially if you wrap it in bacon and cook it that way.
I used to hunt a great deal when I was younger. I killed a hare once and we ate it. I ate squirrels in gravy. The back is the best part. I've been deer hunting, but never managed to kill anything.
I also used to do a lot of fishing. I caught mostly catfish and sunfish (pumpkinseed, bluegill, etc.). I also sometimes caught largemouth bass.
No comments:
Post a Comment