Friday, August 7, 2026

Journal Entry

It's 2:17 p.m., and I haven't stepped foot outside all day. I've been awake since about 10:00 a.m. Yesterday I went with my friend David to Amish country up in Tennessee. I got to buy some Amish cookies and candy. I didn't like it all that much. It wasn't sweet enough. Anyway, I ate Amish cookies for breakfast along with some very good Amish fudge David gave me. 

Later on I will probably go to my parents' house for supper. I think my mother has some leftover hamburgers that I can eat. 

Yesterday I made a poetry submission. I feel fairly confident about it, though I won't hear back about it for a few months. Sometimes I make submissions, and I never even get a rejection. Some editors are assholes. Anyway, that's just the way it is.

I feel pretty good. I'm getting six poems published over the next six months or so. I'm even getting paid for two of the poems. It's about time too. So far I have made very little money from my poetry. I would be embarrassed to say how little.


No comments:

Post a Comment