Sunday, August 23, 2026

My Vacation

I got back from my vacation with the family on Friday. We had a good time in San Antonio, Texas. We got to visit the Alamo, which is right in the heart of the city. That surprised me. I guess I hadn't given it much thought. I assumed it wasn't surrounded by tall buildings, but I was wrong. They tell you not to touch the walls, as they are crumbling. I learned about the history of the Battle of the Alamo. Davy Crocket and Daniel Boone both fought in the battle. The Alamo was surrounded by thousands of Santa Ana's men. After the battle was over, Santa Ana's men burned the bodies of the Texans.

We also got to go on a safari. We saw ostriches, zebras, rhinos, and several other types of animals. It was an exciting day. We fed the animals food pellets, but we were not allowed to exit our vehicles. They even had cheetahs in an enclosure. 

On the last full day we visited an art museum. We saw all sorts of modern art from Mexico and the United States as well as from Europe and beyond. We saw Mayan art as well. But my favorite art was the ancient Egyptian art. Some pieces dated back to 3500 BC.


No comments:

Post a Comment